Thursday 4 July 2013

NASA....We Have a Problem....

The footswitch has stopped working....it's stuck on channel A....so the cheapness is more than skin deep....I think Andertons are going to love me....


The other thing is when they say it gets hot....they mean HOT....but the little fan in this Class A amp is doing nothing....time for a mod I think....


I have turned the fan round, so instead of sucking air out of the combo....it's blowing air in.....


I have made up a temporary air duct out of card to channel the flow of air up and over the tubes to  remove the heat better....it has worked really well....I had the amp on full blast today for about 6 hours and the amp chassis got nothing worse than warm....yesterday the chassis was alarmingly hot only after a couple of hours of being on....


Just as soon I get the air duct design right I'll make one out of wood, paint it matt black and post up the plans for it here if anybody wants it....

So far the Evil Robot sounds great....the Vibrato is really sweet sounding....and in 30watt mode with 4 6V6 tubes installed, this amp is loud....real F**king LOUD....more to come....k.j.

No comments:

Post a Comment