Wednesday 2 October 2013

Sarah's George L's Mod....This is Awesome....

Sarah from Kewaunee, Wisconsin, USA....Got in touch to say she has used George L's for the same amount of time as me....and after having a good look over all her GL's Plugs has found no plating coming away....That's good to know and was what I was hoping for....Sarah also gave me details of a trick she uses to keep her GL's from coming loose....


Sarah uses thin strips of  self amalgamating silicone tape wrapped once over into the small cavity above the thread of the plugs screw down cap....This acts as a locking seal....stopping the caps from coming loose and breaking the signal....



I hope you can see what Sarah does with her plugs from my photos....I have made up all my cables that I use on my smaller pedalboard using this mod and I am amazed at the difference this thin piece of tape makes....


The caps of the GL's plugs are solidly held in place....self amalgamating tape does not use any adhesive....so there is no mess....and when needed to be removed is as easy as removing a rubber band....This tip is truly awesome....Incredibly easy and incredibly cheap....and makes the George L's plugs pretty much perfect....well....just as long as no more plating comes away....



Sarah....I Thank You a thousand times over....Please get back in touch as I have deleted your comment by mistake....k.j.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a cool trick I use George L's so this is good to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tip is better than Grolsch bottle strap locks....it's a bit fiddly at first but then you get knack....I think you need some of the rubber to get in the thread but not much....Once you've made a cable up they don't come loose....I walked around all day with a cable in my pocket and it never came loose....one without the rubber didn't last 10 minutes....k.j.

    ReplyDelete