Thursday 11 April 2013

9v Power Trip....

I always hated using 9volt batteries in my pedals....they were a pain changing them and it gets real expensive when you forget to un-plug a string of pedals. I first used a Dunlop Brick, I remember having a couple of them, they had a habit of stopping working.


I was then given a Diago Power Station 9v daisy chain power supply. I still have it and it goes to gigs with me as a back up.


I have also made up some quick plug-in 9v and 18v battery snaps for emergencies.

I carry a couple of these to every gig....plug and play

But over the years have ended up with a lot of pedals that run better on 18v "OCD-Amp Eleven-Heartbreaker".


I then got myself a T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon that rather annoyingly has been less than reliable, the power LED has died twice, went from a cool green colour to a same as everything else blue and then it really died and had to be repaired. "lucky it came with a 3 year warranty".

collectors item in 50 years....rofl 

For the last couple of years I've had a Voodoo Pedal Power 2 Plus that has powered all my pedals very happily with no problems.
5 year warranty with the Voodoo
The Power 2 Plus has a Auxiliary AC outlet that I have used to run both my Valvulator and my TC G-System through with no problems.
Pete Cornish thinks these are the Dogs Bollocks
I make up my own power lines for pedals that need 18volts and this is how you make them....
to use a 18v cable your power supply outputs needs to be "Isolated"
The cables are easy to make up yourself....hope this is of use....k.j.




2 comments:

  1. Toadworks Mr Ed pedal love mine. Rachel. UK


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not got the MR Ed anymore, it developed a fault somewhere in the power section that couldn't get fixed and the shop I got it from couldn't get me anther one....replaced it with a T-Rex MAB that is the worst pedal I own....THE WORST. k.j.

    ReplyDelete